Since I joined RGL, I have been so fortunate to meet so many amazing people working hard to build and improve the competitive TF2 experience.
Unfortunately, I have been met with a surprise kidney cancer diagnosis. We caught it early, so I am very, very lucky. Still, the effects have prevented me from being able to work consistently in the last couple of months, and because good health is a prerequisite for big projects like RGL, it is best I pass the reins on. I will focus on my recovery.
Luckily, the choice of who should own RGL was natural–arcadia
Having gotten to know arcadia
well, I learned that he is sensible, thoughtful, and productive as well as a good friend to many. He has a great vision of what TF2’s future can be, and his technical background in software engineering only puts RGL in better hands.Arcadia
has been an integral member of the community for a while now. I have seen him:
- Coach dozens of new players
- Connect RGL with community developers
- Work closely with a talented developer to create a public API and therefore support community development even further
- Act as a peacemaker and improve relationships
- Stay up late to strategize, support, and ensure projects get done
- And much, much more
Needless to say, I really respect arcadia
, and I am excited RGL will be under his direction.
Send good thoughts, and thank you all!