Past monthly articles: January
RGL Anti-Cheat Trials #2
The RGL Anti-Cheat team is looking for new members
that are interested in working to better help the league be free from cheating.
As an anti-cheat admin
, you are responsible for preventing and punishing cheaters that play in our league. You will utilize tools and methods to detect the usage of cheats, review and analyze demos, log alternative accounts, request demos of suspected cheaters, lead investigative work to find evidence and connections in cases, and more.Minimum Qualifications
- Have a credible and trustworthy track record
- Multiple seasons/years of competitive experience(preference to those at a high level).
- Ability to be impartial and honest with your judgment, and recuse yourself during cases that compromise your impartiality.
- Ability to handle cases discreetly and keep the evidence as well the decision-making process confidential.
- Have ample time to dedicate to thoroughly process and log individual cases and their respective evidence.
If interested, you can apply here through our forms here
. If selected, you will receive a follow-up where you will enter a trial stage.
If you are interested in other open RGL staff positions besides Anti-Cheat, feel free to apply using the same form.
Spring 2022 Staff ListAnti-cheat
(2 AC trials, 2 anonymous AC admins).6v6
Division Moderators: Highlander
NA Division Admins:
You can view the rest of the staff list here
Global Rule Updates[1008.5] - POV and STV Demos
has been updated to be clearer on how POV failures during playoffs are handled, as well as to explain how subsequent offenses after playoff demo request failures are issued. [1002.4] - Probation
is being updated to clarify that a ban inserted after a third offense will reapply probation.[1002.1] - Sportsmanship and Spirit
is not adding anything new, but is being updated to clarify that the first offense for slurs, hate symbols, etc., is not always the first 2-weeks for the first offense. There are a select few cases that are much more egregious that have led to a much longer starting ban for the first offense.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. Appeals can also be found on the same page.NOTE
: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is a good chance we have not seen it and cannot deal with the situation
The following player(s) have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
- sam - 2-Years / First cheating offense
- HR|Spiffy - 2-Years / First cheating offense
- xyso - 2-Years / First cheating offense
The following alternate account(s) have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- nervig - Use of a racist slur directed towards individuals in a scrim. - 12-weeks (3rd ban inside of RGL)
- 3JD - 2-years - Continued racism, as well as death threats of a community member(s)
After the minimum period has been served, the player(s) can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.Forum Thread
- Analog Glock - Use of anti-Semitic symbols on items during a scrim. - 1-Month