Past monthly articles: January
, April & May
Old RGL Medal Concepts
Unfortunately due to new medal models no longer currently being accepted into TF2, RGL and other TF2 leagues and organizations are unable to request new medals and must reuse their existing medals in the game. In the past, community members have created potential RGL medal concepts, and while they no longer can be considered for acceptance in the game (until Valve updates or reverts their current policy), we would like to showcase them to the community.
Concept made by River
Concept made by skunk
RGL Winter Staff Applications
- RGL Highlander and 6s will be opening up division administrator and moderator positions. If you are interested in working to help improve our formats, then we encourage you to apply.
If admin positions are filled, we may contact you to potentially join the staff as a moderator instead.
In addition to the above, we are also looking to recruit experienced and talented individuals in the following categories:
- Discord or Forum Moderator - As a moderator, you will be tasked to monitor the chat and deal with issues as they come up. A thorough understanding of the rules is necessary for this area. Candidates will be using our moderation tools (depending on either the forum or Discord) to effectively moderate our chat platforms.
- Guide Writer - As a guide writer, you will help with the RGL guides project. This may consist of helping with writing guides for new players, editing guides, tutorials, or doing voice-overs for videos. Players are recommended to have previous competitive experience at a high level or have played TF2 for a long time to help with producing these guides.
- Developer - For the RGL site, we are looking for those with mid-level experience in C# to help with the current site codebase. For the RGL API and any new RGL projects, mid-level experience in React, Node, or any tech stack are skill sets that we are looking for. If you have programming or technical experience in other languages, please apply and specify in your application. If you have any potential project ideas you may also be able to contribute to, please specify those as well.
- PUG Runner - As a PUG runner, you should be able to run PUGs once every two weeks and are expected to act mature and approachable while maintaining a fun/healthy environment for players.
- Anti-Cheat - As an anti-cheat admin, you are responsible for preventing and punishing cheaters that play in our league. You will utilize tools and methods to detect the usage of cheats, review and analyze demos, log alternative accounts, request demos of suspected cheaters, lead investigative work to find evidence and connections in cases, and more.
Experience in these fields is preferred. If you have applied for any of these positions and have not received a response or been selected, feel free to apply again.
If you would like to apply, you can fill out a form
from there we will go through the submissions and potentially ask for a follow-up. If you have any questions regarding positions feel free to open a ticket in our Discord.
Global Rule Updates
Will be discussed in the next offseason article.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. Appeals can also be found on the same page.NOTE
: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is a good chance we have not seen it and cannot deal with the situation
The following player(s) attempted to register their alternate account in RGL.
The following alternate account(s) have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
Update on the player(s) that have been banned while on probation:
- creamy - Violation of [1004.4.1] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage on an alternate account (3x) and [1004.4] - Using a banned player in a scrimmage on an alternate account. - 8 Weeks
- gorp - Violation of [1004.4.1] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage on an alternate account (3x) and [1004.4] - Using a banned player in a scrimmage on an alternate account. - 8 Weeks (3rd ban inside of RGL, 1st ban on probation)
After the minimum period has been served, the player(s) can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
- ales - Using an alternate account in RGL. Violation of [1004.4.1] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage on an alternate account (3x) and [1004.4] - Using a banned player in a scrimmage on an alternate account. - 8 Months
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following player(s) have/had been suspended for 1-6 weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity, flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- DFA^ - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2 Weeks // First Offense
- Rosenvince - Excessive toxicity/racist comments during a scrim. - 2 Weeks // First Offense
- Zer - Harassment. - 2 Weeks // First Offense
- tanzania_gamer2006hondacivic - Harassment. - 2 Weeks // First Offense
- Sacrilege - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2 Weeks // First Offense
- caboose - Derogatory/racist comment made towards another RGL player during a scrim. Increased length due to being an Invite player.- 4 Weeks // Second Offense
- Analog Glock - Repeated usage of racial slurs and hate speech during a scrim. - 2 Months // Second Offense
The following account(s) have been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.You can read further details and context about each player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.Forum Thread