Past monthly articles: JanuaryFebruraryMarchAprilMayJuneJuly
RGL Staff Changes & Applications
- exa_ will be resigning from their position as a Highlander Head Admin. They will continue to be the Head Admin for RGL. Micahlele will be filling in their place and take over as the head admin for that format.
- Daffodil will also be stepping down from their position as the Traditional 6s Head Admin, with Makkabeus Rex filling in and taking over as the head admin for that format.
- sigafoo will also be stepping down from their position as the Prolander Head Admin, with yotts filling in and taking over as the head admin for that format.
- boxcar and hawko will be stepping down from their positions as an Invite and Amateur Traditional 6s admin respectively.
We would like to thank them for their work and time spent volunteering and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. As a result of these staff changes, we are looking for mature, driven individuals who can help us continue to deliver a great platform to ever greater players.
- RGL Traditional 6v6 and RGL Highlander will be opening up division administrator and moderator positions. If you are interested in working to help improve our formats, then we encourage you to apply.
If admin positions are filled, we may contact you to potentially join the staff as a moderator instead.
In addition to the above, we are also looking to recruit experienced and talented individuals in the following categories:
- Video Editor (NEW!) - As a video editor, you will be using programs like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and other software to help edit and produce videos on the RGLgg YouTube channel and clips to feature on our RGLgg Twitch channel, whether this is highlight reels, introduction videos, or frag clips.
- Voice Casters - As a caster, you will have to speak constantly through every cast, this requires you to have a microphone that can transmit your voice. The higher the quality of your microphone the better because this is what the viewers will be listening to.
- Camera Production - Being a cameraman requires having a fast and stable internet on a platform, you need to be able to stream at 720p 60fps (with a minimum of 7-8 Mbit) on any streaming service such as Twitch. Players are expected to have previous competitive experience at a high level or have played TF2 for a long time to develop a game sense to help with observing. A computer that can run TF2 at 60-100fps WHILE live streaming the games you will be observing is required as well.
- Graphic Designers - As a Graphic Designer, you will be using Photoshop, Illustrator, Source Filmmaker, and or other software to create professional-looking art for RGL, whether this be team logos, thumbnails for Streams, or YouTube videos, or merchandise
- Animator - As an Animator, you will be using programs like Source Filmmaker, Maya, and or Adobe Animate to animate RGL related graphics, whether it be for a short bit, or screen/item transitions used in streams or YouTube videos. Candidates will be required to create professional-looking animations using any of the previously mentioned programs.
- 3D Modeler - As a 3D Modeler, you will be using modeling software to create RGL medals, badges, etc., for future events, tournaments, or competitive seasons. Candidates will be required to create professional-looking models, as some of these will be produced for players and staff.
- Anti-cheat - As an anti-cheat admin, you are responsible for preventing and punishing cheaters that play in our league. You will utilize tools and methods to detect the usage of cheats, review and analyze demos, log alternative accounts, request demos of suspected cheaters, lead investigative work to find evidence and connections in cases, and more.
- Any other valuable contributions that you think can provide to RGL.gg!
Experience in these fields is preferred. If you have applied for any of these positions and have not received a response, feel free to apply again.
If you would like to apply, you can fill out a form
from there we will go through the submissions and potentially ask for a follow-up.
RGL Help Channel Revamp
We have gone through and reworked how our support channel in our Discord
functions.Our help channel will now function as a ticketing system
. Players will be able to react to an emoji depending on the type of help that they have inside of our league.
Once a player has reacted to the appropriate emoji, the player will be added into a channel with the specific department (who gets pinged about your request) and you will be able to ask them your question. Once you receive help and the issue is resolved, your ticket will be closed.NOTE
: We plan to go live with this after this article release. If it is not up, this may be due to some small changes that we are trying to update with the system.
Edits to our Misconduct Report Form
For our misconduct report form
, we have added categories for our most reported cases. By doing this, we aim to better reflect what we see and what our users report to us. As such, we may continue to update the categories on our report form accordingly.
RGL Production Rules Revamp
You can view the full updated rules here
We have gone through our production rules and updated them before the season starts with our formats. RGL match cast rules
will now apply to the above casting organizations. In particular, these rules are [1010.1.1] - Tardiness, [1010.1.2] - Disrupting Casted Matches, and [1010.1.3] - Aliases / Fakenicking.
The official RGL.gg casts have exceptions, which are outlined below here
. [1010.2.1] - Match Server, [1010.2.2] - Server Credentials, [1010.2.3] - Player Stream Delay, and [1010.2.4] - Invite Grand Finals Coverage are not new rules that are changing anything but are reorganized into a different header for clarity. [1010.2.5] - Casting the same match as RGL.gg
is a new rule that will go into effect starting in our autumn seasons.
RGL Global Rule Edits[1009.3.3] - No Permanent Ringers
has been updated to be clearer with its verbiage on how many teams a player can ring for a specific team before being considered a permanent ringer.
The above rule is being updated to include criteria of what is considered a banned player that would result in possible penalties for the individuals that are responsible for the banned player's participation in a scrim. In particular, the player must have a minimum sentence longer than 6-months and commit an infraction that is similar to their discipline history in the league.
This has always been an unwritten rule. It pertains to how Home/Away status is given to teams in a double-elimination playoff structure after the lower bracket finals match. This will be included in our rules under the scheduling sections of our formats.[1007.2.2] - Prize Pool Payouts Disputes
is an added clause to [1007.2.1] - Prize Pool Payouts to handle the situations when a team leader is intentionally mishandling the prize earnings to the member(s) of their team.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. This form
will be for appealing indefinite bans in RGL.gg and this form
will be for appealing all other bans in RGL.NOTE
: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is the likely chance that we have not seen it and are unable to deal with the situation
The following players have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
- Fuzze - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
The following alternate accounts have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
After a thorough investigation, the following players in the match were found to have violated [1008.13] - Match Throwing / League Fixing
. Due to undermining competitive integrity by match-fixing/throwing, they will receive suspensions, as well as be placed onto probation. The full article can be found here
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following players have/had been suspended for 1-6
weeks for their usage (or using a banned player) of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- Zameow - Use of homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Itazura - Use of racial slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- spunkie - Making offensive islamophobic comments during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- EZY - Use of racial slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
The following players have failed to provide a requested demo. The first offense during the regular season will be a warning. Failure to submit a demo after subsequent requests in the regular season or a requested demo in playoffs will lead to suspensions.
- Soap - Failure to Submit Playoff Demos: 1st Offense - 2-weeks
- Cjprice - Failure to Submit Playoff Demos: 1st Offense - 2-weeks
The following account has been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.