RGL Conduct Survey
You can view the full results of the RGL Conduct Survey results here
3/4ths of players agree that scrims should be moderated to a lighter extent than matches. We agree as well. While reviewing cases, we consider this context important, which ultimately does play a role in how we deal with reports occurring in a scrim environment. We have opted and are continuing to issue warnings or simply log the case instead of a penalty. It should be noted that this does not mean slurs and excessive toxicity are not moderated. This will be covered below.
This is in line with our current stance on private platforms, which has consistently been: "Comments made on private platforms (i.e. Steam messages, private Discord servers, Mumble, Twitch, etc.) will not play a large factor in acting against players accused of misconduct. RGL does not believe it is fair to police the words and actions of players in a private setting and therefore will not apply much scrutiny to these reports unless we suspect a genuine intent to harm or threaten another player."
In RGL, it is apparent that we want highly derogatory terms and persistent harassment to fade out within our community. When players are subjected to this unwarranted hostility, it has many ill-effects that can push players out or make them feel unwelcome in our league. Additionally, in a league that is constantly trying to grow and develop, the ability to obtain sponsors is a key aspect that the organization has sought out after. It does not bode well when your top players are engaging in this behavior, which is why we have unequivocally pushed for larger punishments on our Invite players since they often participate in casted matches and represent the league in which they play in. This type of behavior also does not fall in line with the spirit of RGL, Bullying, raiding, stalking, bigotry, and many other forms of harassment are unfortunately actions that can occur in our community which players have been desensitized to. They do not fall in-line with the kind of community that RGL wants to foster, as we want to strive for a good-natured competitive environment and urge all players to help achieve this in the best way possible.
With 24% of voters believing that players should be held accountable for their actions in the TF2 community and 52% of voters believing that this should be held for only excessive or egregious cases, it is clear that a majority of players believe that there should be a form of accountability for players outside of matches. Our current trend has been to deal with cases that have fallen under the excessive and egregious cases, so this will continue to be upheld.
The topic of slurs in scrims, whether it should be moderated or not, has been an area that we asked the community about in our most recent survey. Our code of conduct has covered this in [1002.1] - Sportsmanship and Spirit and is an area that we have enforced for over a year now. Given the community's feedback that they believe it should be continued to be enforced, we will uphold it.
The above covers a different section of our code of conduct, specifically, [1002.2] - Harassment / Flaming / In-Game Toxicity. It should be noted excessive toxicity is different from light-hearted trash-talking, which exists in any competitive environment. We make that distinction important, when dealing with these reports, as it often involves personal attacks, verbal abuse, and other offensive behavior that the league does not deem appropriate or welcomed.
Future RGL Rule Edits
It should be noted that we are working on refining or reworking our current system in regards to bans. Any new updates with this will be discussed in a future article.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. This form
will be for appealing indefinite bans in RGL.gg and this form
will be for appealing all other bans in RGL.
The following players have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
- Pain - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
- Slender - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
- Interracial gay couple - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
Account sharing / Ban Evasion / Alting
The following player evaded their ban by playing matches on an alternate account and will have their ban extended for 1-year
The following account is the banned alternate account registered by Focks
The following player knowingly supported the above alt account in evading their ban and playing in multiple matches during the season and will be banned for 6-months
The following player attempted to get their alternate accounts approved by admins to play in RGL, while their main account is actively banned for cheating. Their ban will be permanent
The following accounts will be banned for being alternate accounts to Slender
- lubby (Registered prior to cheating ban)
- boot (Ban Evasion - 1st offense, 6 months added to cheating offense)
- hooligan (Ban Evasion - 2nd offense, 12 months added to cheating and ban evasion offenses)
- goddard (Ban Evasion - 3rd offense, permanent ban)
- O_o (Ban Evasion - 4th offense, permanent ban)
The following player attempted to get their alternate account approved by admins to play in RGL, while their main account is actively playing in the league. Their ban will be for 6-months
The following account will be banned for being an alternate account to trail
The following player attempted to get their alternate account approved by admins to play in RGL, while their main account is actively playing in the league. Their ban will be for 9-months
with probation. The player was dishonest and excessively lied to multiple staff members about the situation and fabricated information to hide their identity, but will have their sentence reduced after collaborating with staff during the investigation.
The following account will be banned for being an alternate account to spring rolls
The following alternate accounts have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- jim - Minimum 6-months - Ban evasion and use of transphobic slurs on RGL platform.
- Cookie - Minimum 6-months - Sending death threats to players in the league.
After the minimum period has been served, the players can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
Update on players that have been banned while on probation:
- Focks - Minimum 1-Year - Using an alt account to register a team and play while actively banned in the league. This is their 5th ban inside of RGL.
- Drugstoner420_ - Permanent - Use of homophobic slur during scrim and disrupting RGL official match with racial slur in their name. (5th ban inside of RGL and 3rd ban while on probation)
Given these recent incidents, the players previous infractions, and that they are on probation. They have been put on an indefinite ban with an additional minimum sentence. After this period has elapsed (does not apply to permanent bans), they can appeal to have their ban lifted, provided they can show that they've changed as a member in this community.
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following players have/had been suspended for 1-6
weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- Rabbit - Use of homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- wwwwwwwwwwwww - Use of weapon named with racial and transphobic slurs in scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- keylime - Use of transphobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Tyson from Canada - Use of racial slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Nychus - Use of racial comments during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Axio - Use of homophobic slur during a scrim - 2-weeks
- Natalbee - Use of homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / 1st Offense
- CakeZombi - Use of racial and homophobic slurs, and anti-semitic comments during scrim. - 2-weeks / 1st Offense in RGL
- A Sentient Tomato - Use of anti-semitic slur during scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Shim - Using a banned player who then used a homophobic slur in a scrim. - 1-week / 1st Offense
The following players have failed to provide a requested demo. This is their first offense and will be a warning. Failure to submit a demo after subsequent requests in the regular season or a requested demo in playoffs will lead to bans. You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.