RGL PUG Site Updates
The idea of a streamlined pugging system for RGL has been an area that we have been looking into for a while. While the development of such a system can require many hours of development work, we are happy to announce that a pug platform is an area that we are looking to have under the RGL umbrella.
We have run PUGs out of our official RGL discord, but for 6s, we would like to transition to a fully-fledged pugging service with a special focus on new player engagement.
Last year, RGL announced plans to implement a pickup game service for their league. We are happy to announce more details after many months of development.
- We plan to support the major game modes of RGL (Trad. 6s, Highlander, and Prolander)
- This system will provide areas for both newer and experienced players to participate, so no one will be left out. This is also coupled with a streamlined process to ensure that players can click and play seamlessly.
- Beta testing will begin very soon!
Please keep up-to-date with our articles and Discord announcements about this beta testing, as we know you are excited as much as we are to introduce this service to the rest of the community.
RGL Global Rule Updates
We have spent a good amount of time this offseason to continue work on updating our rules. You can view the full updated rules here
This section has been renamed to include map and weapon exploits. We have also added some more examples to this section.
The cheating section has been updated to add the anti-cheat revamp changes in this article
, which covers the usage of 3rd party programs.
[1008.4.1] - Server Preference has been split to include [1008.4.2] - Mandatory Server Settings.
This section has been updated to be more concise and include all the mandatory server plugins and configs needed in a server for RGL.
This rule covers in-game match disputes and for teams to finish the remainder of their match if arbitration takes longer than 20-minutes.
This rule covers the new roster transactions feature in RGL as a deterrent to sandbagging in the league.NOTE
: It must be mentioned that the divisions and skill ranges may vary for all of the above - this is just a basic guideline. Admins must review each individual through a case-by-case process.
A Look Into How Reports Are Reviewed
It should be reiterated that each week, the admin team receives numerous reports (often totaling 16+ on busy weeks). As such, we have had to increase the number of staff to go over these cases. We recently created a committee
for the 6v6 and Highlander format to assist in verifying information, providing their input and opinions regarding these cases, and to suggest a ban length for the reports to be reviewed by the head admins before a final decision is made. This section will be to discuss more closely how reports are reviewed, to clear some misconceptions, and be transparent about how this process is done.
When a report is sent in through our report page
, we receive a notification of this, which is logged and available for the admins of their respective department (e.g. anti-cheat cases are seen by AC members, conduct cases are seen by head admins and the format committees) to view and provide their initial opinions on. For misconduct reports in particular, format committees now meet once a week to go over these cases. In the meeting. the details and context of a report are explained, information is thoroughly verified, and a discussion is had regarding the course of action to be taken. It is at this stage of discussion that reports may often be discarded as they simply do not fall under the scope of our rules. For reports that do violate our rules, the committees will suggest a ban length that falls under our rules, past precedent cases, and other context related to this case. All of these opinions and suggestions are sent to the head admins during their weekly meeting, who will follow a similar process, as well as review information found by the committees before making a final decision for the case.
All of these cases are user submitted reports with evidence being provided by the individual who filed the report. Admins do not condone witch hunting reports or the use of evidence to witch hunt players -- these cases have been thrown out. Likewise, admins do not scour for evidence for a player that has not been reported by an individual
. This form of report abuse by witch hunting only serves to disturb or disrupt of the work of the admin team, which is why we have placed less scrutiny in such cases or have asked players to tone down their involvement with reporting immaterial issues, This is explained more in our witch hunting and report abuse sections found here
During this investigation, we will often contact the reporter if we cannot verify the evidence and additional evidence may be sought out from the reporter themselves to aid with the case. Reviewing the numerous reports, having the different committees and head admins all review the cases, and more can be a time-consuming process that takes a considerable amount of staff, patience, and diligence to ensure that each case is dealt with properly and a correct decision is made.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. This form
will be for appealing indefinite bans in RGL.gg and this form
will be for appealing all other bans in RGL.
The following players have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned.
- me cool u noob - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
- PaLi - 1-Year - Cheating / First cheating offense
- duck - Permanent - Cheating and attempted ban evasion in RGL / Second cheating offense
Account sharing / Ban Evasion
The following players will be banned for evading their bans on alternate accounts or by account sharing with other players in RGL.
- akemi - Minimum 6-months - Assisting player in ban evasion in RGL.
- Zaroni Pepperoni - 1-Year - Registering alt account in RGL with ill intent, account sharing, and assisting in ban evasion.
- Silence - 1-Year - Evading cheating ban on an alternative account and account sharing in RGL.
The following alternate accounts have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- hexx - Minimum 6-months - Persistent harassment of other members in the TF2 community, including the use of racial slurs, and sexually explicit images.
- Silence - 1-Year - Evading cheating ban on an alternative account and account sharing in RGL (Player has been banned while being actively banned.)
After the minimum period has been served, the players can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
Update on players that have been banned while on probation:
- MelonTf - Minimum 3-weeks - Use of racial slur in players alias during RGL match. (1st ban while on probation)
- telephone fan - Minimum 6-Months - Infiltrating/disrupting a community tournament by spamming racism through voice chat and in-game chat.
Given these recent incidents, the players previous infractions, and that they are on probation. They have been put on an indefinite ban with an additional minimum sentence. After this period has elapsed, they can appeal to have their ban lifted, provided they can show that they've changed as a member in this community.
- legendary larry -ttdark - Permanent - Possession and distributing of sexually explicit content of a minor.
- Lennon - Permanent - Mirrored UGC Ban; Posession and distribution of sexually explicit content of a minor, as well as pornography on the forums.
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following players have/had been suspended for 1-6
weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- fuck kevin gator - Use of homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- rtard - Use of racial slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- GhostPeppers - Use of homophobic slur in scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Macacos - Use of racial slurs in a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- BLANK3T - Excessive toxicity in RGL Pugs and against RGL staff members. The player has received previous warnings/bans for similar behavior in the past in the RGL discord. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- tms - Admin harassment - 2-weeks
- Tyrone Robinson - Use of racial slur in scrim. - 2-weeks / 1st Offense
- audino - Use of racial and homophobic slurs on RGL platform - 2-weeks / 1st Offense in RGL
The following account have been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.