Past monthly articles: JanuaryFebrurary
Competitive Plugins Discussion
With recent fixes/features added to TF2 Comp Fixes plugin
, we wanted to be clearer on the settings that RGL is looking to add or disable.
Criteria that have led to acceptance in the past:
- Whether the plugins have a supermajority approval rating (75% or higher)
- Whether the plugins are supported for both Windows and Linux servers
- Whether the plugins fix bugs that were previously introduced by a TF2 update
What has been controversial and are settings that RGL have disabled:
- Whether the plugins turn off settings enabled by Valve or revert changes in previous updates that alter the game. (These are classified as features and not fixes)
- Whether the plugins change the gameplay, such as affecting the balancing of a weapon or class
These are important notes to be made as "promod features" that change core mechanics deviate further from the base TF2 game. In our past survey results here
, promod features that were not added did not poll above the 75% approval rating threshold or were met with skepticism by players regarding their impact on gameplay. Additionally, commands that do not work on Windows servers are a heavy consideration on whether they are accepted in the RGL configs. This is to ensure parity between servers rented or owned by players through dedicated providers and league rules. With Windows servers support being depreciated
is the last version that is being required in the RGL configs. Anything past this version results in unsupported features not being installed on Windows. It should be noted that we have been discussing with the developer of the plugin (twiikuu)
to bring some of the changes to Windows, such as the fix for self-damage on reflect
As the self-damage from reflects bug
was introduced in the February 7, 2014 Patch
, this is a fix that RGL will be looking to poll before next season.
Global Rule Updates[1008.4.2] - Server Plugins & Configs
has been updated to remove SizzlingStats as it is no longer being hosted.[1008.17] - Playoff Formats
is a new rule that will be added to make it clearer how the playoff structure for all RGL formats are handled. [1009.4.1] - Ringer Guidelines
is not adding anything new but is being updated to make clearer the information that a team leader has to include when ringing a player.[1009.4.2] - Default Ringers
is not adding anything new but is being updated to be clearer on what the requirements of a default ringer are.[1005.1] - Who Can Register
is being updated to make it clearer that any account past/present/future that a player registers into RGL is their responsibility and RGL does not recognize any account buying/selling. Anyone associated with the account buyer(s)/seller(s) are liable for any penalties.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. Appeals can also be found on the same page.NOTE
: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is a good chance we have not seen it and cannot deal with the situation
The following player(s) have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
- chill - 2-Years / First cheating offense
- yam - 2-Years / First cheating offense
- effex - 2-Years / First cheating offense
Ban Evasion / Alting
The following player(s) evaded their TF2 VAC ban by registering and using an alternate account for RGL matches. This will be a 1-year
ban extension issued onto the main account.
The following player supported the above alt account in evading their ban and will be banned for 6-months
The following alternate account(s) have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- sandstoner - Use of a racist slur on an RGL platform. - 6-months (3rd ban inside of RGL)
After the minimum period has been served, the player(s) can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
- jakk - Breaking RGL's player code of conduct. - Permanent
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following player(s) have/had been suspended for 1-6 weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- artaC - Use of racist slurs, as well as excessive toxicity during an RGL match. - 1-Month / First Offense
The following player(s) have failed to provide a requested demo. The first offense during the regular season will be a warning. A second offense during the regular season or the first offense during playoffs will lead to suspensions.
- faux - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense / 2-weeks
- nukeydog - Failure to Submit Demos: 3rd Offense (Playoff failure waives the initial warning players would receive on their first offense to an immediate second offense) / 3-Months
The following account(s) has been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.Forum Thread