- arcadia has joined the RGL team as a site developer.
- In the following article, we discussed the RGL Anti-Cheat trial process. We would like to announce that two trial members have completed their application and testing process. We are also in the process of trialing three more members. Should any further updates occur with the completion of their trials, they will be announced in a subsequent article.
- Aad has stepped down from their position as an Anti-Cheat Head Admin due to increasing real-life commitments and wanting to focus more on site development but will remain on the Anti-Cheat team. Comanglia has stepped down from the AC team due to increasing real-life commitments. The current size of the RGL AC team now stands at 4 members (two AC admins and two trial admins).
- Yosephus and piggies are no longer a part of the Prolander admin team. HappyPurple, Synova, and celery have entered the Prolander admin team as trials.
- Crasian has stepped down from their position on the 6s admin team.
- Charizard, Rebel, and Powerpuker has stepped down from their position as the Highlander Advanced, Main, and Newcomer admin respectively. Rebel will remain on the HL team as a scheduler for matches.
We would like to thank them for their work and time spent volunteering and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. As a result of these staff changes, we are looking for mature, driven individuals who can help us continue to deliver a great platform to ever greater players.
- RGL Highlander, 6s, and Prolander will be opening up division administrator and moderator positions. If you are interested in working to help improve our formats, then we encourage you to apply.
If admin positions are filled, we may contact you to potentially join the staff as a moderator instead.
In addition to the above, we are also looking to recruit experienced and talented individuals in the following categories:
- Discord or Forum Moderator - As a moderator, you will be tasked to monitor the chat and deal with issues as they come up. A thorough understanding of the rules is necessary for this area. Candidates will be using our moderation tools (depending on either the forum or Discord) to effectively moderate our chat platforms.
- Video Editor - As a video editor, you will be using programs like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and other software to help edit and produce videos on the RGLgg YouTube channel and clips to feature on our RGLgg Twitch channel, whether this is highlight reels, introduction videos, or frag clips.
- Graphic Designer - As a Graphic Designer, you will be using Photoshop, Illustrator, Source Filmmaker, and or other software to create professional-looking art for RGL, focusing on posters overlays, banners, and promotional layouts.
- Animator - As an Animator, you will be using programs like Source Filmmaker, Adobe After Effects, Maya, and or Adobe Animate to animate RGL related graphics or SFM posters, whether it be for a short bit or screen/item transitions used in streams or YouTube videos. Candidates will be required to create professional-looking animations using any of the previously mentioned programs.
- Voice Casters - As a caster, you will have to speak constantly through every cast, this requires you to have a microphone that can transmit your voice. The higher the quality of your microphone the better because this is what the viewers will be listening to.
- Camera Production - Being a cameraman requires having a fast and stable internet on a platform, you need to be able to stream at 720p 60fps (with a minimum of 7-8 Mbit) on any streaming service such as Twitch. Players are expected to have previous competitive experience at a high level or have played TF2 for a long time to develop a game sense to help with observing. A computer that can run TF2 at 60-100fps WHILE live streaming the games you will be observing is required as well.
Experience in these fields is preferred. If you have applied for any of these positions and have not received a response or been selected, feel free to apply again.
If you would like to apply, you can fill out a form
from there we will go through the submissions and potentially ask for a follow-up. If you have any questions regarding positions feel free to open a ticket in our Discord.
Global Rule Updates[1002.4.10] - Offseason Bans
is not adding anything new but is being updated to make it clearer that league platforms may not be used by players if the ban is administered during the offseason.[1005.2] - Region
was originally postponed to the RGL 2022 seasons due to teams not being given enough ample notice of the rule to properly adjust their rosters accordingly before the season start. The ruling will be in effect entering 2022.
The regional cap rule existed since the beginning of RGL. For the North American formats in RGL, it is a region cap on the number of non-region players that can participate on a team (2 for 6s, 3 for HL, etc.). When RGL hosted European and Australian regions in its league, there were region caps on North American players participating in these tournaments as well. At the start of 2021, the rule was updated to be based on a player's latency to the server -- this will be reverted to the original ruling.Main Considerations
Notes about the original region cap rule
- With anti-cheat, the previous rule contributed to an increase of cheating and alting cases to the league. With the current RGL leagues operating in North America, the increase in cases from non-regions created a bigger backlog of workload to handle. With non-region players not having much of a background or experience, this also made it difficult to handle alting cases which affected the integrity of the league primarily in our lower divisions. Additionally, when dealing with other regions, it became difficult for mirrored cheating bans to be placed due to unclear evidence or practices in these regions.
- Enforcement of the 150-ping rule proved to be inconsistent. This refers to cases that would not be caught until later on in the season due to the nature of a user-submitted report system. In cases, this would lead to misuse with teams citing the rule after a match loss and not at another point in time during the season. Additionally, there were ambiguous cases where teams would connect to above the ping threshold on different servers due to issues that come with server routing, server hosting, and ISPs.
- Division skill levels and sandbagging are affected heavily by the number of out of region players as it relates to division equivalency between other leagues. Volunteer admin work in placements requires the placement of teams based on seasonal experience that a player has on past rostered teams. With non-region players not having much of a background or experience, this impacted the integrity of the game in the lower divisions with teams taking advantage of the lack of familiarity of player skill from other regions. Other examples include players attempting to join the beginner divisions due to undocumented experience from other regions and not any in North American regions. This also led to an increased offseason workload for the admins to handle these special cases.
Currently, RGL operates its leagues in North America due to having the necessary staff team to provide a service to the region. Should RGL have a staffing team to push into other regions, this would allow the organization to better accommodate said regions accordingly. While there are not any current plans, this remains an avenue that could be looked into provided that RGL can provide an active and motivated staff team to run operations in such regions.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here
. Appeals can also be found on the same page.NOTE
: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is a good chance we have not seen it and cannot deal with the situation
The following alternate account(s) have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- Toe - 8-weeks - Use of a racial slur during a scrim. Violation of [1002.4.2] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage (2x). (3rd ban inside of RGL)
- FRESH CREAM - 1-Year - Harassment and doxxing of player(s) in the community.
After the minimum period has been served, the player(s) can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they've improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
Sportsmanship and Spirit
The following player(s) have/had been suspended for 1-6 weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- png - Use of racial slurs on an RGL Platform (Discord). - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Conz - Use of racial slurs on an RGL Platform (Discord). - 2-weeks / First Offense
- ckrow - Excessive toxicity and use of a homophobic slur during an RGL match. - 1-month / First Offense
- fetussssssss - Use of a homophobic and racial slur during scrims. - 1-month / First Offense
The following player(s) have failed to provide a requested demo. The first offense during the regular season will be a warning. A second offense during the regular season or the first offense during playoffs will lead to suspensions.
- habib - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- hayes - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
The following account(s) has been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.You can read further details and context about each of the player's bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.Forum Thread